1. The insurance company does not want you to hire an attorney. In fact, I have had clients tell me that their adjuster specifically told them “don’t get an attorney; they will take a good chunk of your settlement”. If you don’t get an attorney you will leave hundreds if not thousands of dollars on the table.
The insurance company will take advantage of you. Their job is to pay out as little as possible NOT to pay you what your case is actually worth. If you are injured in a car accident, let your attorney fight for you!
2. You probably don’t know what your case is worth, an experienced personal injury attorney with over 21 years will. Would you sell a baseball autographed by Babe Ruth to a sports memorabilia store without consulting an expert as to its value? Of course not. The same holds true in dealing with an insurance company. You are not dealing from a position of strength. The car accident was not your fault, failing to get an attorney is your fault. Get an attorney and let them fight for you!
3. You have been injured in a car accident and the last thing you want to deal with all of the paperwork and telephone calls. When you’re injured and in pain, the last thing you want to deal with is filling out all the forms, making sure medical bills are being paid, chasing down lost wages and trying to get reimbursed for the damage to your car. Your attorney will handle all of this.
4. In a car accident claim it is difficult and confusing to figure out which insurance company should pay for your medical bills, lost wages or replacement services. If you don’t know it yet, insurance laws in the State of Massachusetts are very confusing and quite tricky. Let an experienced personal injury attorney guide you through this process and fight for you. If you are injured and the accident is not your fault, then in theory you should not be “out-of-pocket” any expenses.
5. You may not understand how the different auto insurance coverages apply to your claim.
Do you understand Underinsured coverage, P.I.P. benefits, Optional Medical Payments coverage or bodily injury coverage? You may severely prejudice your rights and preclude recovery of certain benefits if you fail to follow certain rules. Let an attorney advise you and fight to get you the compensation you deserve for the personal injury you didn’t!
Do you know someone who was involved in a recent auto accident, please share this article.